DIY-Series™ Sight Pusher Install Kit for Taurus GX4
Designed by Gunsmiths for the DIYer™
Engineered for the DIYer that owns or maintains a Taurus GX4 pistol, the DIY-Series Inline Rear Sight pusher reduces installation force by up to 50%. Users can easily complete a wide range of sight installs and install optic/suppressor height sights. The DIY-Series also allows sight installation or windage adjustment on slides with an optic mounted on the pistol.
***as of 9/1/2023 the kit no longer includes go, no-go gauges (colored shims)
No pads. No Springs. No Knob Tightening. Just Simple Physics.
We took the guesswork out of installing sights. The open-top design allows for fast setup and easy visual centering. The tool and bit feature a built-in measuring scale for precision windage adjustments. The locking wedge secures slides in seconds. Simply slide the non-marring brass bit into the dovetail and insert the wedge. The kit includes a rear sight pusher, steel Glock Front Sight Tool, oil, and threadlocker.
DIY-Series Sight Pusher Features:
- Tool Life Span: 50 – 100 Installations*
- Kit includes semi-professional sight pusher and steel Glock front sight tool
- Fits all Taurus GX4
- Install sights with optic mounted on pistol
- Non-marring brass bit prevents scratching sights or slides
- Built-in Centering Scale – 1/16” scale
- Bolt Thread Pitch: 1/16” – 1.5 Bolt rotations equals 1/16” of travel
- Designed and Manufactured in Fort Worth, TX
Sight Install Capability
The DIY-Series is the ideal solution to install XS R3D night sights and can install competitors sights. R3D rear sight dovetails use proprietary easypress dovetail features that lower the overall force needed for installation. The rear sight features a crush zone that conforms to the slide’s dovetail and a lead-in chamfer to allow the sight to travel 1/3 through the cutout before pressure is applied to the sight. R3D night sights are up to 50% easier to install than competitors. The DIY-Series is not capable of installing sights with angled side walls.
Optic / Suppressor Height Sights
The DIY-Series rear sight pusher can install optic height and suppressor height sights on aftermarket optic cut slides. The optic and factory plate cover must be installed before mounting the tool on the slide.
Applying Force More Efficiently
The inline design applies force low in the dovetail and precisely in the direction the sight needs to be pushed. The low placement on the dovetail is a tried-and-true practice of gunsmiths using hammers and punches to drive sights in.
Drive Sights in with Ease
The DIY-Series drive bolt uses a stainless steel 3” 5/16”- 24 bolt and a 3-inch 3/16” Allen Key. The wrench gives users a solid handle to grip and prevents stripping the bolt head. The 4” handles offer adequate leverage for installing R3D Night Sights.
Built in Centering Scale
Note which hash mark on the brass touches the white mark on the base. Then flip the slide 180 degrees and repeat the measurement check. To achieve a proper center, the hash mark on the brass should match both sides. The scale is 1/16," and 1.5 bolt rotations equals 1/16th" of travel.
Items Included in Kit:
- DIY-Series Inline Rear Sight Pusher for Taurus GX4 Pistols
- Locking Wedge
- 3/16 Allen Key – 4” Handle
- Steel Glock Front Sight Tool
- Lucas Oil Products® Extreme Duty Gun Oil (0.135 FL. OZ. / 4ml)
- Vibra-Tite® 131 High Strength Threadlocker (0.06 FL. OZ. / 1.8ml)
- Kit Dimensions (LxWxH): 6” x 3” x 2”
- Kit Weight: 1.4 lbs.
- Sight Tool Dimensions (LxWxH): 5.5" x 1.75" x 1.5"
* Maximum tool life is estimated based on installing XS R3D Night Sights in Glock OEM slides. Aftermarket slides do not mirror Glock’s exact dovetail. Users should expect to apply 50% to 75% more force on aftermarket slides which will apply more load on the tool, reducing its lifespan.
WARNING: This product can expose you to lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or reproductive harm. (For more information go to https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/)